NBA Betting Landscape: A fresh look at the Association
By SportsDirect Inc. staff
Some of you have been betting NBA basketball since the 2016-2017 campaign commenced back in October. Others are just now beginning that annual New Year transition from firing on football to getting down on hoops.
For the latter, you may be interested in a quick refresher course of what's been taking place around the Association for the last three months. Don't worry, we've got you covered.
1. Golden State Warriors: The two-time defending Western Conference champions have now notched 30 or more victories through the first 35 games of the season in each of the last three years. The Warriors lead the NBA in scoring, scoring differential, assists and myriad other statistics en route to the Association's best overall record. But it's been quite the opposite story for Golden State bettors this season, as the Dubs have failed to cover the number in the majority of their last 13 games.
2. San Antonio Spurs: They have covered the number several times of late thanks to the NBA's second-most efficient defence, fifth-most efficient offence and a budding star in Kawhi Leonard, who currently ranks in the top 10 in the Association in Player Efficiency Rating (PER).
3. Cleveland Cavaliers: When LeBron James gets the night off rush to the counter as fast as you can. The Cavaliers are 0-3 SU and 0-3 ATS when James fails to take the court, with the under posting a perfect 3-0 mark in those contests.
4. Houston Rockets: Say hello to not only one of the league's most profitable organizations collectively, but MVP-frontrunner James Harden individually. The Rockets rank fourth in pace, third in offensive efficiency and second in assists and are one of just five teams to defeat the Golden State Warriors this season. General Manager Daryl Morey and first-year head coach Mike D'Antoni have worked wonders with this roster in just a handful of months.
5. Toronto Raptors: Will play their next three games at Air Canada Centre after going 3-3 on a lengthy six-game road trip. Keep that nugget in mind as the over is a highly profitable 11-6 in Toronto home contests this season.